Kinnaur & Lahaul-Spiti Valley is a popular destination amongst the adventure junkies, off-roaders and bikers for all the good reasons.
This sparsely populated and sparsely vegetated region is a paradise on Earth and must be on your list of places to visit before you die! You will never feel more alive than how you feel in this desolate and barren valley where silence speaks volumes.
With our Car Rental Services for Spiti Valley, you can enjoy every moment here, From a rocky terrain to the tiny patches of lush greenery that ring a bell, to the whitewashed petite homes and vibrant and flamboyant monasteries- Lahaul & Spiti will silently teach you the true meaning of living.
If you’re in for some local delicacies, you will have the time of your life slurping the hot and spicy Thukpa, a Tibetan noodle soup and steaming hot Momos, the dumplings made with meat or vegetable stuffing, the sort of only options you have to survive throughout your journey.
This Kinnaur Spiti Tour Package from Chandigarh at Himachal Tourist Taxi, highlights the most attractive tourist places like Sarahan, Sangla, Chitkul, Tabo, Kaza and more!
Day 01: ~ Transfer From Chandigarh to Sarahan (290 km, 9 hrs)
- Arrive at the Chandigarh airport or railway station
- Leave for Sarahan in the taxi provided for the trip.
- Spend the night at a hotel in Sarahan.
Day 02: ~ Transfer From Sarahan to Sangla (90 km, 4 hrs)
- After a delicious breakfast, visit the famous Bhimkali Temple, one of the 51 Shaktipeeths that witnessed the human sacrifices about 200 years ago.
- Proceed towards Sangla after checking out from the hotel in to hotel
- Reach Sangla by afternoon and check in to the hotel.
- Resume your day trip by exploring Sangla on foot.
- Spend the night at the hotel in Sangla.
Day 03: ~ Local Sightseeing of Chitkul Sangla Valley
- On third day, visit Kamru Fort to enrich your journey.
- Next go to Kharcham Dam & Rachkam village
- The next stop is Chitkul village in Kinnaur district
- Take pleasure of watching never-seen sights of the terrains and green vegetation.
- Spend your night at the hotel in Sangla
Day 04: ~ Sangla to Kalpa Local Sightseeing (40 kms/ 2-3 hrs)
- After breakfast at the hotel you will be driven to Kalpa village (2-3 hrs.)
- Take a comfort break at Recongpeo - the district headquarters of Kinnaur district.
- Walk around the local market to experience the freshness and beauty of nature.
- After lunch, visit Kalpa, Roghi and Kothi village, covered with thick pine forests
- Catch the closer look of Mt. Kinnaur Kailash that stands tall overlooking Kalpa
Day 05: ~ Kalpa to Tabo (150 Kms, 9-10 hrs)
- The next day, drive to Tabo through Pooh and Nako villages.
- Visit Nako Lake and village while feasting on local delicacies for lunch at Nako.
- Continue driving to Tabo while taking an intermission at the Gue village.
- Visit the naturally preserved mummy of a Buddhist monk which is about 500 years old at Gue Monastery
- . Reach Tabo by late evening and check in to your hotel.
Day 06: ~ Tabo to Kaza (51 kms, 3 hrs).
- After breakfast, you will stopover at Tabo monastery which is the oldest monastery in the Himalayas.
- Later we will drive you to Kaza (3 hrs.)
- En route visit the Dhankar village having Dhankar monastery and fort.
- Later, continue driving to Kaza.
- Check into the hotel once you reach the town and rest for the night.
Day 07: ~ Sightseeing around Kaza
- Leave for Lagnza village where you can walk around and explore the region on your own after breakfast.
- Visit monastery at the top of the village and on the way look out for fossils.
- You could take a ride on yaks grazing in pastures.
- If possible, you’ll be taken to Hikkim and the Komic
- Continue your outing to Kee monastery and the village Kibber.
- The last stopover would be Chicham Bridge.
Day 08: Kaza-Kalpa (210 km, 7 hrs)
- Leave for Kalpa after the breakfast.
- Overnight stay at the hotel in Kalpa.
Day 09: ~ Transfer From Kalpa to Shimla (230 km, 8hrs)
- Check out from the hotel and drive to Shimla while touring Narkanda on the way.
- If time consents, you visit a few places in Shimla.
- Spend the night at the hotel.
Day10: ~Shimla to Chandigarh (130 Kms /03-04 hrs)
- Today, you will be dropped at Chandigarh railway station/Airport.