If travelling by air, staying in a luxury hotel and enjoying 5-course meal and high tea is not your idea of holiday anymore, we have this rustic, super naïve and quaint holiday plan for you. Wake up the adrenaline junkie in you and head straight north!
This unexplored Kinnaur tour from Chandigarh will take you to not so trodden paths where mystical natural beauty and extreme sports await you in the lap of Mother Nature.
From the divine temples and monasteries to the uncharted thick woods, winding roads and the meandering rivers, snow clad mountain peaks and a chance to soar the skies with para gliding, Kinnaur has everything to make you feel alive and young again.
Try extreme adventure sports like heli-skiing, ice-skiing, river rafting, mountain cycling and vehicle safaris to make memories to cherish your whole life through.
Not all Himachal taxi tour packages are designed to present such unique experiences like this one. Our Himachal cab service will ensure you enjoy every turn and twirl during your journey.
Day 01: ~ Transfer From Chandigarh to Sarahan (275 kms, 8-9 hrs)
- Once you reach the railway station or airport at Chandigarh, the driver will pick you from there.
- Sarahan town lies around 160 km from Shimla.
- You can halt at Timber trail resort in Parwanoo on the way.
- You may take a halt at Shimla, too, to freshen up and eat.
- Check in to your hotel at Sarahan town.
Day 02: ~ Transfer From Sarahan to Sangla (85 km, 5 hrs)
- After breakfast, the driver will pick you and drive to Sangla.
- Check out from the hotel in Sarahan.
- You may visit Bhimakali Temple Complex, the Bird Park, and Bhaba Valley, which are the famous tourist spots in Sarahan.
- Baspa valley is where Sangla is situated at the banks of river Baspa.
- Check in to your hotel in Sangla village and you may go for an evening walk in the village.
Day 03: ~ Local Sightseeing of Chitkul Sangla Valley
- Have your breakfast and get ready for the day outing.
- Visit Baspa Dam reservoir, to have a glimpse of the calm water.
- You may be intrigued to have a tour through trout farm.
- Visit Kamru Fort, dedicated to Goddess Kamakshi, overlooking Apple orchids and pine forests
- Visit Karcham Dam located before Sangla
- Chitkul, the last village of India is in Kinnaur district,.
- Admire the beauty of the hamlet and visit Kagyupa monastery in the village to see Tibetan influence.
- Drive back to Sangla in the evening and rest at the hotel
Day 04: ~ Sangla to Kalpa (40 km, 3 hrs)
- After having breakfast and check out from the hotel in Sangla.
- Drive to Kalpa, which is around 3 hrs away.
- You can have lunch at a Tibetan restaurant in Reckongpeo.
- Local market in Reckongpeo is well-known to buy some Kinnauri art-work.
- Kalpa offers a magnificent view of Mt. Kinnaur Kailash.
- Check in to your hotel in Kalpa and rest at night.
Day 05: ~ Kalpa Local Sightseeing
- After having breakfast, head for an outing.
- Visit Suicide point for an adrenaline boost.
- You may also go to Roghi and Kothi village, which are located near Kalpa.
- Have a glimpse of the mesmerizing views of river Sutlej and lofty mountain ranges.
- Sleep at night at the hotel.
Day 06: ~ Transfer From Kalpa to Shimla (230 km, 7hrs)
- After breakfast, check out from hotel and leave for Shimla via Narkanda
- Stopover for photo sessions and to eat on the way to Shimla.
- Reach Shimla by evening and take the benefit by visiting places like the Ridge, Mall road, Jakhoo temple, etc.
- Rest at the hotel during night.
Day 07: ~ Shimla-Chandigarh (130 Kms,3-4 Hours)
- Today morning, after breakfast you’ll be dropped at the Chandigarh Airport/Railway Station.
- The tour ends here.