Shimla is a beautiful hill station with colonial structures and winding roads, spick and span lanes and pristine, crisp air. But if you want to explore the unexplored and experience that you may call divine, travel further towards Kinnaur and you will surprise yourself.
The rocky terrain of Sangla and its mushroom cut roads, magically quaint Chitkul and the mesmerizing Kalpa will leave you awe-struck and enthralled.
If you want to think to yourself- never have I ever seen something so serene, so beautiful and magical, get a car rental for Himachal tour now and go on a voyage and make your life unruffled because trips like these can sometimes be life changing.
Contact us for Kinnaur Valley tour if you really want to explore the upper hills beyond Shimla.
Day 01: ~ Transfer From Shimla to Sangla (225 km, 7 hrs)
- The driver will pick you from the railway station/bus stand/airport.
- Drive to Sangla via Rampur and Narkanda by road.
- Check into the hotel once you reach Sangla
Day 02: ~ Sangla to Chitkul, then back to Sangla
- After having breakfast, the driver will pick you and take you to Baspa Dam reservoir
- Hike to Kamru Fort that faces the verdant apple and apricot orchids
- Karcham Dam would be the next place to go
- Go to the last village of India in Kinnaur district, Chitkul, which is near to Indo-Tibetan border
- Enjoy the famous salted chai at a kiosk in the village.
- Drive back to Sangla in the evening.
- Take a rest in your hotel in the village.
Day 03: ~ Sangla to Kalpa (40 kms/ 2-3 hrs)
- Check out from the hotel to drive to Kalpa next.
- Reach Kalpa via Recongpeo, where you can go for a walk around.
- Dine in at the local restaurant where you have a choice to enjoy Indian or Tibetian food.
- Reach Kalpa and take rest at night.
Day 04: ~ Kalpa Local Sightseeing
- View the spectacular presence of Mt. Kinner Kailash Mountain early in the morning.
- Do visit Suicide point for a thrilling boost.
- You may also go to Roghi, Kothi and Sapni village, which are located near Kalpa.
- Kalpa has many Tibetan monasteries, which worth visiting.
- Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 05: ~ Transfer From Kalpa to Shimla (230 km, 7 hrs)
- Checkout from hotel and proceed for Shimla:
- Halt at Narkanda and Sarhan to visit a few famous tourist spots there.
- Last but not least, drop at Shimla railway station/ airport/railway station.
- See you again soon!