For a proper glance at the real Himachal, a Kinnaur tour package that includes Spiti Valley with Chandertaal Lake is a dream come true. Whether a travel buff or a photography enthusiast, you will love every moment during this holiday. Nine nights ten, days Kinnaur Spiti taxi tour package with Chandratal Lake is designed to keep your adrenalin pumping and your heartbeat thumping.
From the treacherous valleys of Kinnaur and the bare and barren lands of Spiti, the influential heritage of Sangla and Sarahan to the luxuriant affluence of Narkanda- each day on this holiday will show you a new color on the canvas of Himachal. Are you thinking of Chandratal Lake? Just steal a look, and you will be lost and discover yourself all at once. The package is planned in collaboration with the best Himachal car rental service to ensure comfort, safety, and convenience.
Day 01: ~ Transfer From Chandigarh to Narkanda (192 km, 7 hrs)
- Drive from Chandigarh in the booked taxi after arrival at its airport or railway station.
- Intermissions would be given at regular interval to stretch your body
- The chauffeur can guide you to eat at clean and sterile places on the way.
- You shall be transiting Shimla on your way.
- If time consents, you may stop at Shimla and visit a few of the tourist sites there.
- Also, Fagu, Theog and Matiana village will come on the course.
- Reach Narkanda by evening and check in to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 02: ~ Transfer From Narkanda to Sangla via Sarahan (161 km, 6-7 hrs)
- Have breakfast, then check out from the hotel afterwards.
- Visit Hattu peak and Hattu temple in Narkanda
- Proceed to Sangla via Rampur and Karcham Dam.
- Curious-souls can stop at Karcham dam to see how turbines generate electricity.
- Pause for lunch and relish freshly caught pan fried trout.
- Check in to the holiday-home on reaching Sangla.
Day 03: ~ Local Sightseeing of Chitkul Sangla Valley
- Sangla and Chitkul will be explored today
- Begin by proceeding to Kamru Fort.
- The Castle has a temple devoted to Kamakshi devi.
- Next visit Kharcham Dam & Rachkam village
- Drive to Chitkul after visiting the Fort.
- Roam around the village on foot to see its ethereal beauty.
- Visit Batseri village in the evening and have tea there with a view of the majestic Kinnaur Kailash towering in the background.
- Stay at the hotel in the night.
Day 04: ~ Sangla to Kalpa - Local Sightseeing (40 km, 3 hrs)
- Drive to Kapla after breakfast in the morning.
- Kalpa is near Reckongpeo, the district headquarters of the Kinnaur
- You may buy some locally grown apple and apricots from the shops in the town.
- Visit two antiquated beautiful hamlets Roghi & Kothi, near Kalpa.
- As per the availability of time, visit Kalpa Suicide point for a beautiful view.
- Come back for an overnight stay at Kalpa.
Day 05: ~ Kalpa to Tabo (150 km, 10 hrs)
- We shall be starting early in the morning as reaching tabo will take around 10 hrs.
- Nako and Pooh village will come on the course.
- You will be astonished seeing the confluence of Spiti River and Sutlej River in Hangrang Valley.
- On the course, there will be a halt at Gue Village to appreciate the 500 year old mummy in a monastery in the village.
- Reach Tabo by evening and check in to your homestay for an overnight sojourn.
Day 06: ~ Tabo to Kaza (51 km, 3 hrs)
- Visit Tabo monastery in the morning after having breakfast.
- Drive to Kaza afterwards.
- Before Kaza, we will stop at Dhankar village.
- Visit the 1000 feet tall Dhankar monastery which faces the merger of Pin River and Spiti River.
- You may walk to Dhankar Lake and have lunch near it.
- Reach Kaza by evening and relax for the night.
Day 07: ~ Sightseeing around Kaza
- Outing in Kaza starts with Key monastery, which is the most famous gompa in Spiti valley.
- Have breakfast at local food kiosks near the monastery.
- After visiting the monastery, Kibber village will be the next destination.
- You can find yaks grazing the pastures in the village.
- Kibber and Chicham village are joined by a bridge known as Chicham Bridge, which is Asia’s highest bridge.
- After Kibber, Komic village, Hikkim and Langza Village would be visited.
- Enjoy authentic Tibetan food in Kaza.
- Rest at night at your stay in the town.
Day 08: ~ Kaza to Chandratal Lake (114 km, 6 hours)
- Get ready for an amazing experience.
- Check out from the hotel in Kaza
- Drive to Chandratal Lake.
- To reach the lake you need to pass through Lossar Village and Kunzum Pass
- You will stay in a tent under the clear skyline glimmering with stars at night.
Day 09: ~ Chandertal to Manali (100 km, 7hrs)
- We shall be beginning the drive early morning.
- An intermission will be provided at Chandratal camp to have breakfast.
- You shall be going through Kunzum and Rohtang pass on the way.
- Scenery suddenly changes as you enter Kullu valley. It turns verdant green from brown.
- You can spend some time at Rohtang Pass on the way.
- Drive to Manali and check in to the hotel.
Day 10: ~ Manali to Chandigarh (310 km, 10 hrs)
- The chauffeur will pick you post breakfast from the hotel.
- Drive to Chandigarh airport/railway station along with breaks on the way.