There is a lot to offer on this Himachal taxi tour. An overview of the tour will aid a better understanding about the road trip.
What places are covered in this rental car tour?
- SHIMLA: the queen of hills would be the first place to land upon. Famous for its temples like Jhakoo temple and Sankat Mochan temple, this hill site has much more to appease you.
- MANALI: who hasn’t heard about the beauty of Manali? Nestled in the Kullu Valley, Rohtang pass and Solang valley attracts everyone with their unimaginable snowy landscapes.
- DHARAMSHALA: resident of the His Holiness Dalai lama and many exiled monks, the place has meditation infused in its air. On the other hand, watching a cricket match at the HPCA stadium enthuse many cricket lovers.
- DALHOUSIE: I know it excites many people because of the mini-Switzerland located near the town. Of course, it should. Khajjar is worth to the ‘nickname’.
- AMRITSAR: I need not to explain in detail why this place is famous. Mentioning the name ‘Golden Temple’ is enough!
We’ve curated the itinerary of the Himachal tour in such a way that you will be able to reap maximum benefits out of it. Kindly, have a look at the Itinerary
Day 1: Chandigarh to Shimla (130 km, 4 hrs)
- The driver will pick you from the Chandigarh airport/railway station.
- Drive through Parwanoo where you may halt to spend some time at Timber trail resort (prime tourist location)
- Once you reach Shimla, kindly check into the hotel.
- If time and your body permit then go for a lazy stroll in the town.
Day 2: Shimla sightseeing along with Kufri
- Start the morning with a healthy breakfast.
- The driver will pick you from the hotel.
- Begin the journey by visiting Kufri.
- Places to visit in Kufri: Indira Tourist Park, Kufri fun world and Mahasu Peak
- You may go by a trolley-travel to Jhakoo temple. It is outstanding as you get to view the city and mountains while going up over the rope trail.
- Other places in Shimla: Sankat Mochan temple, Lakkar Bazaar, Ridge, Church, Mall road, Scandal Point, Kali Bari temple, etc.
- At night sleep tight in the hotel room.
Day3: Shimla to Manali (260km, 8 hrs)
- Check out from the hotel in Shimla.
- The driver will take you to the next destination, Manali.
- On the way various tourist attractions will come – Hanogi mata temple, Pandoh dam and Sundernagar Lake.
- Reach Manali by evening.
- Go for dinner at a restaurant on Mall road.
Day 4: Solang valley and Rohtang Pass
- Leave for Rohtang pass early in the morning.
- Reach the snow point by 10 am.
- Have fun by participating in various activities – sled ride, snow scooter, snow-man making, etc.
- Leave for Solang valley at most by 1 pm.
- If time permits, you can visit Kothi and Gulaba, too.
- Enjoy paragliding, scooter ride, zorbing and horseback riding at Solang valley.
- Come back to the Hotel in Manali by late evening.
Day 5: Manali Sightseeing
- After having breakfast, start the excursion by visiting Vashisht temple and the hot spring near to it having the same name, Vashisht hot spring.
- Other places that would be covered are Van Vihar, Manu temple, Hadimba temple and Buddhist monasteries
- By evening, you can go to Clubhouse Manali to while away the time by playing various games there
- Call it a day and rest at the hotel in the night.
Day6: Manali to Dharamshala (210 km, 8 hrs)
- After checking out from the hotel, head for Mcloedganj.
- If you are a thrill driven person, then rafting in Babeli can please you.
- Stoppage at Palampur will be provided, so you can admire the beautiful tea gardens.
- Way will take you on the footsteps of Dhauladhar ranges, where Mcloedganj is located.
- Check into the hotel
Day 7: Dharamshala sightseeing + transfer to Dalhousie (130 km, 4 hrs)
- After having breakfast, check out from the hotel and explore the hill site.
- What are the other places to visit? Bhagsu Waterfall, Naddi, Cricket Stadium, Dalai Lama temple, St. John’s church and Kangra art museum.
- By afternoon, leave for Dalhousie.
- Reach the town in the evening and check into the hotel.
Day 8: Khajjar visit
- Surrounded by deodar and pine trees, Khajjar will entice you for sure.
- Other places that can be visited in the day trip could be: JandriGhat Palace, Bara Pathar, Panjphulla, Subhash Chownk, GPO Dalhousie and Satdhara
- Rest at the hotel in the evening.
Day 9: Dalhousie to Amritsar (202 km, 6 hrs)
- Check out from the hotel in Dalhousie and reach Amritsar before evening.
- In the evening, visit Wagah border and see the evening parade there.
- After that visit Golden temple and eat various Punjabi delicacies.
- At night you will be dropped at the airport/railway station/bus stand